Saturday, July 27, 2013

Week 3: EOC - Smoking Ethics



 
 
When talking about smoking advertisement ethics I begin to wonder how gullible people really are? I chose two advertisements that I thought stood out to me, the first ad is telling readers that "your dentist approves of this brand" when in actuality your dentist your never in their right mind  would advertise you to smoke. In the second article It takes about a smile and you smile while smoking Chesterfield cigarettes, Well Cigarettes speed up your heart rate so maybe it does make you smile, but its a proven fact that smoking causes yellowing of the teeth, so while your smiling just remember that. I feel as if ethics has nothing to do with advertising is how people interpreted the ads. Because for people who are worried what their dentist think of smoking and they see the first ad, they might start. Or in the second ad if people were insecure about finding a significant other then they might result to smoking due to the fact that in the ad the couple are bonding over a cigarette. I just think people need to pull there head out of the clouds and research. Know what's good for your body. Don't feed into the advertisements. I love looking at advertising however I'm not going to go out and buy everything that I see an ad for. People need to be smarter with their choice and what they allow themselves to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment